Sunday, September 30, 2007

What are Your Colors?


My colors are pink and purple, but my hubby informs me that there has never been a football team with such colors! Sniff!

But seriously, I root for the red and blue, the blue and orange, and the green and gold in that order, mainly because they are from places I've lived.

Years ago in NJ, we'd sometimes see ununiformed Giants roaming through our streets or at the Short Hills Mall, possibly before or after a practice session on the fields of Fairleigh Dickinson University the next town over. There was a certain amount of familiarity with that particular team back then. It was and still is something synonymous to home.

Without knowing much about the team, I also like purple and gold, merely based on their colors. But, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. So when we get together annually for our friend's combined Packer/Double Birthday Party in Chippewa Falls, I resist the temptation to wear another team's colors.

Our collective children, for the most part, are oblivious to the adult addict's passions. Instead, the girls this year disappeared to watch a Hannah Montana marathon while the boys took turns playing computer games on Game Cube before the siblings opened their gifts. A win-win situation for all. And even without my embroidery with me this year, as someone noted, I still had fun--too many people to talk to between plays!

This Sunday, the scores were: Packers 23, Vikings 16; Bears 27, Lions 37; Eagles 3, Giants 16. Well, two out of three ain't bad! --LKR

No comments: