Friday, September 21, 2007

I Want to Go to the Kalahari...

Going to the Kalahari was a dream come true for the kids. We had first passed it driving through the Dells on our way to Eau Claire when house hunting, three years ago. Every time after that they'd ask when we could go. It got old!

Before this, water parks didn't--pun intended--float my boat. I guess because they seemed too crowded, noisy, and busy for my sanity's sake. But the nation's largest indoor water park was somehow intriguing... .

This was the second time Don was here for a convention. Two years ago, I didn't want to take the kids out of school. This year was earlier in the school year. Don also would have been the sole soul in his hotel room. And, interestingly, teachers actually came up to me (they heard it from the kids!) and gave us their blessings. Soooooo, with that, we were on our way!

I'm borrowing--and modifying--from the Kalahari's theme song:

We're gonna go to the Kalahari...

We're finally here at the Kalahari...


We're moving in to the Kalahari...



We're hanging out at the Kalahari...


We're decorating cookies at the Kalahari...


We're gonna play at the Kalahari...


I'm gonna surf at the Kalahari...


We're having fun at the Kalahari...


We had a great time at the Kalahari!!! --LKR

No comments: