Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last year at Thanksgiving, we had the class guinea pig, Mel, with us as our guest of honor. He literally sat at the table for his meal, but not when we had ours!

This year, my hubby drove his mom 13 hours down to Ohio for his aunt's/his mom's sister's funeral. Bummy, huh? It's really sad, but the Lord's in control of these things, so I'm not complaining.

The kids and I watched part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on tv. I pointed out Times Square to them as well as the historic hand-carved wooden wagon I'd heard was being transported from Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI, for the event. We don't have cable, so we didn't have super reception, but at least we got to see it! The kids spent the rest of the day on the computer (where else?!), while I visited with a good friend across the miles via phone who was also alone for the holiday.

DV, we're planning on a Thanksgiving meal Sunday afternoon when hubby should be back. We can even put it off 'til Monday evening, need be.

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!
--LKR

No comments: