Friday, October 26, 2007

Thermograms in the Chippewa Valley!

Breast Awareness
(You have been warned!  :-))

I'm *soooooo* excited! I've been trying to find some place that does thermograms in the Chippewa Valley since we moved up here three years ago, and now I'll be having one done on Tuesday here in Eau Claire!!! 

Last spring, My doc ordered a mammogram as a follow-up to a breast exam after I complained of a "whining", aching breast. I later asked a nurse where I could have a thermogram done. Apparently no where around here since she seemed so totally unfamiliar with it, as many people, including healthcare workers seem to be, now.  It's really strange, especially since thermograms have been used since the 1950's.  

This nurse tried to scare me into going for the mammogram even after reminding her that a) it's not always accurate, b) cancer doesn't show up on these x-rays until it's been in your body for at least 4-5 years, and c) mammograms don't show Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC), the deadliest form. Deadliest because it spreads quickly, is sometimes symptomless, and is often misdiagnosed as a bug bite or rash (that doesn't respond to treatments).  Thermograms do pick up on IBC loud and clear!

Being hypersensitive to light, sound, taste, etc, I can hear and feel radiation which makes my head feel really odd. (Yes, I have to leave the room when using a microwave, too.)  When I *did* go for that x-ray, afterward I wanted to remove my head, throw it as far as I could, and run away in the opposite direction. Not too many people react this way or would even understand, but as my sister reminded me, florescent lights in large stores like Two Guys years ago used to leave me with a headache, nausea, and disorientation. So, how I reacted to radiation was of no surprise to her. (It's so nice to be validated!) 

Once again, I'm a little unnerved because my cystic breasts are hurting, and of course I'm thinking the worst. Reports on mammograms, at least mine, are evasive, reporting that, "it's in the 'normal' range"--whatever that means! I'd been praying for a near-by place to have a thermogram done after recently finding that the closest ones listed were 3 and 4 hours away. Then, my ever resourceful chiropractor (Dr. Dan of Tenold Chiropractic) heard of a lady who travels the midwest doing them!

Pam Ryerse, a clinical thermographer, will be in Eau Claire starting this Monday, and I've scheduled an appointment for Tuesday am! Thermograms can detect cancer very early on, and because no radiation is used, you can have them done as often as you like or need. I need that peace of mind! 

Breast awareness events free to the public will also be taking place at these times and places:
*  Wholistic Healing and Arts  119 Regis Ct.  Mon, Oct 29, 6:30pm, Tues, Oct 30, 12:00pm
*  Gaia Massage & Yoga 112 East Grand Ave.  Tues, Oct 30, 6:30pm
*  Path to Health Massage 310 South Barstow  Wed, Oct 31, 11:30am

To schedule a thermogram with Pam, call Joyce Sobotta at:  715-828-0117

If you miss this opportunity, Pam plans to be back in our area in about three months. A thermogram is an impressive tool that can also be used to help diagnose many other diseases and conditions all over the body. 

For more information on thermograms, please visit Pam's website:
http://radianthealthimaging.com/index.php?key_id=2

--LKR

1 comment:

Elise said...

Enjoyed your article! Very informative. Waiting for them to offer this on the east coast!