Saturday, April 5, 2008

More Signs of Spring

Lovely crocus in greater numbers than the year before brighten the day!So far, the rabbits and deer have spared these tulips... !Mole and mice tunnels and holes are revealed after the snow and ice have melted.
Several of these little beetles were scurrying around on the ground throughout our yard. When I was younger, I used to love to play with them! Fess time: I still do!!!
A flock of geese flying up above. A raptor, probably a red-tailed hawk, was later flying around, too. Sandhill cranes also flew overhead, this afternoon! A few weeks ago when we were in Chicago, I saw a flock flying way up high as we were driving into the city.
This is the second hummer's nest in the three and a half years we've lived here that I've found in our low growing, fragrant mock orange bush. Mock orange is a super butterfly magnet in the spring, as are lilacs!
A very skinny robin in search of food among patches of snow.

--LKR

No comments: