Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday's Song--Fairest Lord Jesus

Fairest Lord Jesus

Fairest Lord Jesus, Ruler of all nature
O Thou of God and man the Son
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor
Thou, my soul's glory, joy and crown.

Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands
Robed in the blooming garb of spring
Jesus is Fairer, Jesus is purer
Who makes the woeful heart to sing.

Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight
And all the Twinkling starry host
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
Than all the angels heaven can boast.

Beautiful Savior, Lord of all nations
Son of God and Son of Man
Glory and honor, praise, adoration
Now and forever more be Thine.

--Anon, 1677

2 comments:

robert said...

Love the dog!

And thanks for posting "Fairest Lord Jesus." Your blog caught my eye because that's one hymn I discuss a bit on my daily hymn blog for today, Wordwise Hymns. Missed my favourite stanza though. I like it because it personalizes the hymns:

All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly,
Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee;
None can be nearer, fairer or dearer,
Than Thou, my Saviour, art to me.

Leza said...

Thanks, Robert! Earl's a super family dog and we all love him, too. He's a real gift from the Lord! :-)

Praise God! This has been one of my absolute favorite hymns since I was a child. :-) You know, I've never heard that stanza, before--thanks so much for sharing!!! :-)

I just found your blog @: http://wordwisehymns.com/
Will check it out more after church! Thanks again so much for your informative comment, and may the Lord ricly bless you! :-)