Sunday, August 19, 2007

He's the Fairest of Them All

We just got back from a few fun-filled days of camping in MN. Being continually surrounded by nature without interruptions from the phone and computer--or being enslaved by the clock!--is really so liberating! I'm always so much more focused on the Lord Jesus when out observing all His glorious creations, which is why I believe I prefer being outdoors.

He is also the
best Artist, and I really love being alone with Him to delight in the works of His hands. Take a close-up look at a flower, an insect, or anything else that He has made, and you'll see what I mean. I love macro photography as well as viewing things under a microscope for this very reason. It's all so totally cool to see such tiny detail in things you'd never expect, going beyond what the human eye can naturally see or what the human mind can fathom.

The hymn below is a favorite of mine from childhood that gives total expression to how I feel when surrounded by His creations.
--LKR

Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature,
O thou of God and man the Son,
Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor,
Thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown.

Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands,
robed in the blooming garb of spring:
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer
Who makes the woeful heart to sing.

Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight,
and all the twinkling starry host:
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
than all the angels heaven can boast.

Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations!
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
now and forevermore be Thine.

No comments: