Sunday, June 6, 2010

Soaring Like Eagles!

Like good company, the Blue Angels never seem to stick around long enough, so I set out to see them one last time.

On the way to higher ground, an eagle flew into view. It wasn't exactly soaring at the time because it was being chased by two smaller birds..., but, oh, the freedom to be able to fly.... !
The words to Steve Miller's song came to mind:
"...I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free... ."

The Angels did circle around my destination (a lofty parking garage), and even soared directly above me, a few times. But it just wasn't quite the same as being at the show. Don't get me wrong, I was absolutely thrilled to see them any way I could!This audience endured two brief thunderstorms, but most of the show was under partly cloudy skies and thankfully otherwise dry.

I hope the Blue Angels will be free to fly here, again, in the very near future!!! --LKR

No comments: