Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Sunny Outlook

One thing for sure, I am grateful to be a soccer mom. Soccer mom's are "forced" to sit out in the sun, breathe in fresh air, and watch their kids play and have fun. We get to meet new people, so we get to socialize. Our children also get to hear us yell positive, encouraging words to them, their teammates, and even for the opposing team members that we have come to know over the years.

Sure, there are those days when it is raining, or cold and damp, but thank goodness for the vehicles we drive in over to the fields. They are relatively warm and dry, and in most cases, we can still watch our children's game, depending how close we parked to their field. And, when we can't, we can read a book, talk on our cell phones, or take an uninterrupted, well-deserved nap.


This afternoon, I was thrilled to be outdoors on such a sunny, warm fall day. We had frost, this morning, which annihilated my gardens, once full of cheerfully attired flowers. To say I needed a pick-me-up was an understatement. But basking in the sun under a beautifully blue sky while watching my son's game was just the thing to perk me up. Who cares if they lost? They had fun, and so did I! --LKR

No comments: